Friday, October 17, 2014

Target Beauty Box Fall 2014 Edition Review

I just received my first Target beauty box in the mail today and couldn't wait to share it.

Target Beauty Box review

This season's Target Beauty Box contains 5 items. Two of the items are full size. The beauty box is valued to be $28 and cost $7 +tax (Target waived the shipping). I figured that the lipgloss itself cost $9.99 so it was a worth the purchase plus I get to try out other items too.
I like Target's beauty box because unlike other subscription boxes, you know exactly what you are getting and if you don't like this season's box there is no commitment. The major reason why I purchased this box is because of the Laneige BB cream. 

it comes housed in a description card with 3 shades to choose from
"Laneige BB Cushion Sample (Target Exclusive): Pat and press your way to perfect skin with revolutionary 5-in-1 cushion technology that brightens, protects, cools, covers and prevents shine."
I am in need of a new bb cream since I used up the Skin79 Gold Label. I believe this was the brand that started the bb cushion craze and wanted to try it out for a long time but after going to a couple different Targets and they didn't have testers for the BB cream I felt that this was my opportunity to try it out.  It's supposed to hydrate, prevent shine, brighten skin. I'm eager to try this out and will write a review once I do.

loreal elnett hairspray sample

"Elnett Extra Strong Hold Hairspray (2.2 oz): A favorite of runway stylists, this massive-hold spray adds brilliant shine and brushes out in a flash, leaving hair with a clean, satin finish."

 The other item that I had always wanted to try out was the Elnett hairspray. It has received lots of rave and has been featured on many magazines. I don't usually like to use styling products on my hair due to its stickiness. This one promises to hold shape without being crunchy and can be brushed out.

fekkai dry shampoo sample
"Fekkai Professional Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo (1.7 oz): Revive your blowout instantly with an airy mist that absorbs dirt and oil leaving hair clean, fresh and lively."
 I don't care for this dry shampoo since the PSSSSST dry shampoo that I've been using had always worked out for me. This was an extra for me to try a high end version.

L’Oréal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lipstick in blushing harmony

"L’Oréal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lipstick (.18 fl oz): Knockout hues meet conditioning care in a gorgeous formula infused with precious micro-oils that intensify color, smooth lips and add shine." 
I was nervous about the color that I would get for this lipstick since they didn't state what color you would be getting. This is a full size product. It called a lipstick but is actually a lipgloss. The color I got was blushing harmony and applies sheer to medium. It looks like a berry color in the tube but on my its more of a nude pinkish-brownish shade. On my mother it was a dark nude brownish color. If I had to choose a color I would've chosen a brighter reddish or pinkish color but this color is okay. At the very least it wasn't a vampy color. The color vary by box so I am wondering what other people got.

NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk lair

"NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil (.18 oz): Glide-on glam. A velvety blend of mineral oil and powder, this creamy pencil does double beauty duty as a radiant eyeshadow.
L’Oréal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lipstick (.18 fl oz): Knockout hues meet conditioning care in a gorgeous formula infused with precious micro-oils that intensify color, smooth lips and add shine."
This was also an extra for me and is also a full sized product. Netizens have said this was good for highlighting the inner eye duct. I like using a shimmery reflective powder for that purpose but since powder and brushes are more messy I could give this a try. When testing it on my hand, I find that it's super creamy- perfect for using as base for eyeshadow but I don't think the staying power would be too strong since it so creamy and blendable. 




The products arrived in this nicely packaged box and those samples inside were wrapped in red tissue paper that resembles those at sephora. It's a nice sturdy box that I will use to keep my other cosmetics.



















Also included in the box was a description card with $3 of $15 of beauty products at target and a 20% of discount code to the Dermstore.com

This fall 2014 beauty box is still available at Target.com for $7 with free shipping and I think it's a total steal if you are interested in trying out those products.

If you already tried out those products let me know how you like it.

Thanks for reading,

VanillaDreamCream

No comments:

Post a Comment