Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Maybelline Color Whisper Color Sensational Lipstick Review

I'm back with a review on Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in Cherry on Top

maybelline color whisper color sensational lipstick review


What Maybelline claims:

Pure color pigments suspended in a weightless gel.
No heavy waxes or oils. 
Get truly translucent gel color.
Sexy, soft, see through color. No heavy waxes or oils. Just a kiss 
of shine.










Maybelline Color Whisper is packaged in a rectangular translucent plastic tube with a metal-looking base. It doesn't have that hefty feel you get with revlon lip butters.The top comes off easily however it won't fall off while in your bag.maybelline color whisper lipstick review in cherry on top
Out of all the color, I chose cherry on top because I tend to look better in rosy, pink red color. Cherry on Top is a bright pink red color.  With one swipe it goes on to a medium color with a bit of shine. It's not sheer at all however it isn't opaque either. It can be builded up to a strong bold color but without any heavyness. You really get a good color payoff yet the color is translucent like a lipstain. It's so lightweight that it feels like my lip balm has worn out. It has the pigment of a stain but without all the dryness. The only downside to this lip product is that it's not moisturizing. It's not as drying as a lipstain but it also doesn't provide the moisture that I need for my lips. If you like lip colors with lots of moisture I would say either layer a lipbalm underneath or skip thia all together.

maybelline color whisper swatch in cherry on top

The product itself is harder than Revlon's lip butter yet it still allows for the product to go on smoothly. It's winter right now so much lip incredibly chapped. Even after moisturizing my lips, there is still a tiny bit of clumping. However I think this is just my lips being incredibly chapped.

It will rub off and transfer onto the sides of cups so if you need something that is waterproof or kissproof this is not the one. After the product has been on your lips for more than 5 minutes, even after rubbing it off, there is still a stain left on your lips. The shines wears off in 2-3 hours but the stain still lasts for 5-6 hours.

Pros: good color payoff that can be builded
Longlasting (5-6 hours)
Lightweight

Cons: not moisturizing enough

On a scale of 5, I would say it deserves a 3. Although I love the color and it's lasting ability, I don't like my lips feeling dry all the time.

Do you like lightweight lip colors to the point that it provides no moisture?


P.S. thought it was really cool that light actually reflects off the words on the plastic cover forming words on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment