Sunday, February 7, 2016

Home Exercises to Achieve A Better Posture

Get It Beauty Season 2 Ep 8 Recap: Improve Your Posture and Makeup Tips for the Summer

I spend all day on my bed when I am studying and watching TV on my laptop, so I am pretty sure my posture isn't that great. I got interested when Get It Beauty enlisted physiotherapist In Young Ah to  teach the audience how to improve your posture while staying in shape.

However I am skeptic as to if these exercise would work. Like the first exercise you are leaning forward when you squat down and then raise one leg which makes my body all unbalanced. It feels like I am contorting my body instead of improving my posture. However since it's shown on TV and a physiotherapist is showing the exercise, it seems to have credibility. Bottom Line: I don't know if these exercise work. I only saw this from TV and felt that it is interesting so I am sharing it with you guys. Do it at your own risk as I am not responsible for any injuries resulting from completing these exercise.



1. spread you leg shoulder width apart.
2. lean forward and squat.
3. raise your arms when going down.
4. keep you hips straight rise back up and raise one leg
it helps tighten your hips.






1. place one arm on your shoulder and one arm on your hip.
2. stretch your shoulder and hips sideways and repeat on other side.
3. press down firmly on your shoulder to help straighten out your shoulder




Because we are always not symetrical we need to stretch opposite sides
1. reach your right arm up and lift you left leg to the back.
2. repeat opposite sides

Do each of these for 10mins a day to correct your body posture.


Makeup Application Tips For Those Summer Days


Apply mascara only in the center. It will make your eyes just as bright but went the mascara melts, it doesn't get on your lower lids as much.



Apply a silver liner in your lower inner rim. (as opposed to flesh-toned ones) It will brighten your eyes and act like light reflectors. Don't worry, it won't make you look like a robot. I thought the silver would look unnatural but seeing the it on the model I realized it was better at reflecting off the light than flesh colored one.



I bought an NYX wonder pencil which is a flesh-toned eyeliner for my inner rim thinking it would act like Benefit's Eye Bright, but after using it, I felt that my eyes were itchy and it didn't look much different compared to not using the eyeliner. I guess a silver colored one would brighten the eye more.

Draw a Y on your chest with a contour color too make your boobs look more defined.



They finished off the episode with interesting deodorant facts that I hadn't known:

You should toss out your deodorant after using it for a year regardless of the date on the deodorant.

Let your armpits rest for 24 hours after shaving before applying deodorant.

I am guilty of both of these as I've been using my deodorant for over a year (I wonder if that's why I feel like it doesn't work) and every time I shave, I would immediately apply deodorant that night.

I starting watching and recapping the show because of the Beauty Blind Test section, however the show has been skipping on testing the items. I hope next season they continue doing the Blind Test in every episode.

What do you think about these tips?

What do you do to improve you posture?

thanks for reading,


No comments:

Post a Comment