Monday, February 9, 2015

My Entire Lip Balm Collection Review List

Lip Balm Collection Review: At A Glance

From best to worst


  • best night time lip balm. This is what I use everyday before I go to sleep and wake up with nice soft moisturized lip.
  • Colorless. Not waxy or like petroleum jelly. Goes on smoothly.
  • Moisturizing Level: 8 out of 10

original eos lip balm in lemon drop
  • lemon drop one is the best out of all the flavors
    • has SPF
    • colorless
    • has a thicker more "goopier" consistency that I find is ultra moisturizing and protective.
    • nice lemony scent
    • Moisturizing Level 8 out of 10. In my original post I said it was 6 out of 10 but probably because I had it for so long now, it has a melty texture which is goopier and I feel is more moisturizing than before when it's texture was harder and less easy to spread.

burt's bees tinted lip balm in hibiscus
  • natural sheer tinted color 
  • does not highlight dry flakes as much as other tinted lip balm
  • feels like it is sinking into my lips and renewing my lips
  • Moisturizing Level: 7 out of 10

eos visibly soft lip balm in coconut swirl
  • colorless
  • texture is soft compared to original EOS but less thick than lemon drop.
  • feels like it is over-drenching my lips but I get the feeling that it doesn't absorb-like it's just lying on top of my lips
  • Moisturizing Level 6 out of 10

eos lip balm
  • colorless
  • harder texture compared to lemon drop so less likely to spread
  • lightweight and give a tiny bit of moisture-perfect for the summer
  • Moisture Level-5 out of 10. 
Maybelline Color Whisper Color Sensation Lipstick-Cherry on Top-Bright Pinky Red color
It's a lipstick but I think of it as a lip balm because it doesn't have this smell that lipstick has for example, Revlon Lip Butters.
maybelline color whisper lipstick in cherry on top
  • medium color that can be builded
  • highlight any roughness and flakes.
  • I love this lip product as a lip color-love, love, love. However, you can not use this as a lip balm. It provides absolutely no moisture. Even in the summer, it does not provide enough moisture for my lips and I need to layer it with a lip balm. But I love the color of this and because I'm lazy and  don't like to layer it over a lip balm, I only use it for the summer.
  • Moisture Level-1 out of 10
I will continue to update this list as I review my entire collection of lip balms.

Share your favorite lip balm with me below.

Thanks for reading,

VanillaDreamCream

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting review especially for the lemon drop!

    Let us know your thoughts at eoslipbalmph.blogspot.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting review especially for the lemon drop!

    Let us know your thoughts at eoslipbalmph.blogspot.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete